Sunday, 6 January 2008

One of the things that drives me nuts!

I was shopping in the Bullring here in Birmingham yesterday. It is really great if you are into the whole shopping thing - and even if you are not the building that houses Selfridge's is a site to behold. I had gone to get a few presents. I was surprised to discover that it was very quiet for a Saturday (except Marks and Spencer's!!)

Well I was heading down one of the many escalators in the middle of the building when I discovered something that made me quite angry. What idiot decided to put 'The Bear Factory' (a shop which is generally full of Children) next to 'Ann Summers'? Probably the same idiot who put an ad for 'Mistresses' the new BBC drama on the TV at tea time. Do these people not think that Children may actually see these things!!!

Ooh makes me so annoyed. Children grow up quick enough without being subjected to stuff like that.

4 comments:

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

An admirably grumpy blog post.

I salute you...

lisibo said...

D'ya know - I had exactly the same thought as the boys and I paid a visit to the selfsame teddy emporium last week. Just glad all eyes were focussed on The Bear Factory and discussion limited to the BEARS' outfits.

D Baynham said...

Gotta be honest, I haven't noticed it, I noticed one in Gracechurch but its only a lingerie and dress up shop isn't it? and we all wear underwear don't we? and a lot of adults wear uniforms for work. If I was with a kiddy and they asked what shop it was I would just say a shop that sells girls pants and dress up clothes.
Maybe I'm not bothered by things like that, you see more underwear in Rachams, La Senza even Dorothy Perkins windows which on on every high street than Anne Summers.

Teapot said...

Actually Dave might have a good point htere. La Senza is very up front! And also the other major stores display lingerie, especially sexy stuff at Christmas, and kids in M and S Brum have to walk right past the stuff to get to the loos and the Café Relax. Never thought of that before..........but it makes you think when the question is asked.........

Observations of life, the universe and random happenings