Sunday, 17 February 2008

Plans for my 31st year!

Well I have been 30 for a few days now and to be honest it doesn't feel any different. I feel a little sad that I am no longer in my 20's. I also feel sad that Matt was right when he joked that I would catch him up soon!

The 20's ended with me being ill and the 30's began with me being ill!!!

I know I don't feel any different now I am 30 but things are going to change. Important decisions need making. Yet again, life will never be the same again....

In the next few weeks and months I need to decide - what next? That sounds simple written down - but its not - its life changing.

It's about a new job, possibly a new career, maybe retraining - A few ideas but no fixed plan - maybe a holiday - maybe traveling. I've no idea and that is exciting and scary all at the same time.


But I know one thing in some ways its freeing but in others a lonely place - no expectations, no hopes, no dream. So thats another thing - working out what my hopes and dreams are!


So then plans thus far:
  1. Get well
  2. Do handover at work - then I have left
  3. Eat 3 meals a day
  4. Gain 1 1/2 stone
  5. Sort out remaining paperwork
  6. Sort out the house
  7. Have some thinking space
  8. Have a holiday
  9. Do something amazing!
  10. Who knows whats next?

Life's full of change, I just hope good comes out of difficult and painful!

4 comments:

L.L. Miller said...

Happy belated 30th birthday! As a man in his 60's, let me tell you that, at age 30, you are a mere child (compared to me!) and that you undoubtedly have a long and happy life ahead of you. Use it to the utmost. I like your idea of traveling. Nothing makes you gain a perspective on your life quite as much as going somewhere else for a while. Get well soon!

D Baynham said...

Hi Sweetie, you have some breathing space, use it, spend a few weeks just resting and catching up on sleep and food.

Then when you are rested and feel better plan a nice holiday and thats where you can start to think about your future.....

You are a really bright and lady you can do anything you want to.

Ethnoquest said...

Always welcome over here, though it's probably not any higher on the visit wish list than Japan was. :)

ScubaSis said...

Keep this blog & look at it in ten years & be amazed - the possibilities are endless xx

Observations of life, the universe and random happenings