
Well in the next week I will be thirty. I thought I was ok with this but last week I freaked out a bit about it. 30 is a land mark - it is no longer 'in your twenties' it signifies something different. Am I ready to be 30 I ask myself - maybe not.
I find myself looking back at what I have done over the last 30 years - the best bits, the worst bits, and the run of the mill bits.
I find myself looking back at what I have done over the last 30 years - the best bits, the worst bits, and the run of the mill bits.
Best Bits:
Getting Married to Matt
Being part of a big family
Being a youth worker
Being in a youth group
Worst Bits:
Don't need to write anymore - you already know!
I have done a lot of things in the past 30 years - can't remember some (see last blog entry!) - here are some of the amusing things that have happened to me - ooh there are so many more than I have listed:
Years:
2) ran away with the boy down the road and walked hand in hand under a herd of cows!!
3) undid side of playpen and escaped
4) got a slide for Christmas and tried to drag it upstairs to show my mum.
skipping a few years.......
9) Elastic snapped in tracksuit bottoms just as I was answering the front door - trousers ended up round ankles!
10) Went to school with swimming costume under uniform for swimming and left my knickers at home!!!
13) First kiss - boy goes to kiss me and I pushed him out of the way, ran in the bathroom and threw up!! (I had previously eaten peanut butter)
15) Helped some Russian children with their English (yes they now have Chorley accents).
17) Horrid shower incident on youth camp!!!! (no more can be said)
19) Got stuck in a toilet cubicle at Uni and then a man tried to help me - and then there was me and a man stuck in a toilet cubicle!!
20) Did the Fancy dress for the uni ball - only 4 of us dressed up!!!
22) Had to be cut out of an item of clothing in a shop!!!
27) Laughed so much I wet myself!
29) Fell into the boot of my car!
Wonder what 30 will bring?
Getting Married to Matt
Being part of a big family
Being a youth worker
Being in a youth group
Worst Bits:
Don't need to write anymore - you already know!
I have done a lot of things in the past 30 years - can't remember some (see last blog entry!) - here are some of the amusing things that have happened to me - ooh there are so many more than I have listed:
Years:
2) ran away with the boy down the road and walked hand in hand under a herd of cows!!
3) undid side of playpen and escaped
4) got a slide for Christmas and tried to drag it upstairs to show my mum.
skipping a few years.......
9) Elastic snapped in tracksuit bottoms just as I was answering the front door - trousers ended up round ankles!
10) Went to school with swimming costume under uniform for swimming and left my knickers at home!!!
13) First kiss - boy goes to kiss me and I pushed him out of the way, ran in the bathroom and threw up!! (I had previously eaten peanut butter)
15) Helped some Russian children with their English (yes they now have Chorley accents).
17) Horrid shower incident on youth camp!!!! (no more can be said)
19) Got stuck in a toilet cubicle at Uni and then a man tried to help me - and then there was me and a man stuck in a toilet cubicle!!
20) Did the Fancy dress for the uni ball - only 4 of us dressed up!!!
22) Had to be cut out of an item of clothing in a shop!!!
27) Laughed so much I wet myself!
29) Fell into the boot of my car!
Wonder what 30 will bring?
5 comments:
mmm what about the garden bin/darlek incident? I still laugh when I think of you stuck in that waiting for Matt
I do want to hear about the shower youth camp incident though.
Oh my life - I had forgotten that one (I am blushing now!!!) Hilarious. I think the least said about the shower incident the better!
Hey, happy nearly birthday!! glad I've found your new blog. 30 will be cool and you can enjoy people looking stunned when you say you're 30 and saying how young you look!!
lots of love, HS
Of course we timelords can keep revisiting the 30th year or whatever else takes our fancy.
So perhaps I'll take a quick trip back to get me in the mood for the weekend.
Bingo!!
I always worried about being 30. However, once I was there, I found I quite liked it actually!
Although I don't remember much about my actual 30th birthday celebrations....
Post a Comment