Friday, 19 December 2008

Looking back on 2008

Well as we approach Christmas I thought I would take some time out and look back over the last year, and considering everything it has been better than last year and in some ways worse.

In February I turned 30 and looked at a plan of action for the year and this was it:
  1. Get well
  2. Do handover at work - then I have left
  3. Eat 3 meals a day
  4. Gain 1 1/2 stone
  5. Sort out remaining paperwork
  6. Sort out the house
  7. Have some thinking space
  8. Have a holiday
  9. Do something amazing!
  10. Who knows whats next?
Well lets have a look how I did....

1. Yes a lot better
2. Yes and I did leave work
3. Yes and some days 4!!!
4. X no I have not gained a stone and a half - I don't think I have gained any, although apparently I am looking more healthy :-)
5. Paper work is done although now I have a whole heap more to do.
6. In a manner of speaking - I now have 2 houses to sort mmmm
7. Not sure about this one - I must have done cause I decided to move to Manchester
8. Yes Northumbria was wonderful I would like to go again
9. Not sure about this - although I did manage to get an amazing job at a bible college
10. Indeed.

Well not bad really. I managed to get somewhere. So what has happened in a nut shell:
  1. Although ill - a great birthday
  2. I was on the radio
  3. Got involved in radio as a volunteer
  4. Decided to move up North
  5. Got a new addition to the Reindeer family
  6. I turned 30
  7. Mum turned 60
  8. Grandad turned 90
  9. Alan and Jenny got married
  10. Martin and Lou got married
  11. Lydie and Danny got engaged
  12. Dom and Claire got engaged
  13. Went on holiday to Northumbria
  14. Went to the Lakes with Mum and Dad
  15. Moved up North
  16. Got a new job
  17. Been to the cinema quite a bit
  18. Made hundreds of Christmas cards
  19. Made some more friends
  20. Got reacquainted with some old friends.
And here we are at Christmas!


Alcohol Units 2, Cigarettes 0, Cake consumed lots, Calories -lots , Pounds gained 0, Pounds lost 0, Goldfish gained 6!

8 comments:

hs said...

It was great to see you, however briefly on Friday and yes you are looking better.Hope the tiles are behaving themselves.We look forward to a visit soon.x

D Baynham said...

Glad you are happy oop t'North and had a great year.
Miss you in Brum though.

Teapot said...

Is my turning 60 in the worse or better category?!!
Good to see you on Friday. Have a good Christmas!! xx

AmyK said...

That's a lot of things!! Have a great Christmas and fabulous 2009. x

Fat Roland said...

Wow! You have actual teapots commenting on your blog!

My fondest memory of your nut shell list is #2. And I will be giving away a few of your #18s today.

Have a lovely Christmas! x

Poverty to Prophet said...

Enjoy Christmas and New Year. Hope to see you soon. All our love and best wishes for 2009

9/10ths Full of Penguins said...

How do teapots overcome the lack of typing digits?

Roswell2themax said...

Thank you all for your your comments.

HS yes was lovely to see you too be good to catch up again soon.


EB Missing you lots. The oop North is brrcold.

Teapot good to see you too. You turning 60 was a highlight :-)

AmyK nice to hear from you. Hope you have a lovely 2009. I bet if you write down all the things you do with UDB and the rest you would have lots.

Fat Roland. Yes Teapots do comment its great although makes me need a cuppa tea. Yes 2 was ace. Thank you for buying number 18 we have made quite a lot of money for Refresh from them :-) Have an exciting 2009

Poverty to Prophet - Hope to see you soon. Missing you all. Have a great New Year.

9/10ths Teapots are very clever things they are magical a bit like reindeer, that is why they get on so well!

Happy New Year everyone x

Observations of life, the universe and random happenings