Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Sadness V's Anger

I find myself today being taken back to another time and another place. You think you are doing OK and something comes around. You don't see it coming cause its in your blind spot and then you are hurting all over again, not just for yourself but for other people too. What I am referring to is yet another horrendous collision on the M6 last night, and yet again a sleepy lorry driver has been arrested. People have died, children have died - a family. It makes me sick to my stomach, to think that they won't grow up that they will not be here as a family together. The worst thing is that they could not be identified, the trauma being suffered by the emergency services who were on scene, must be enormous. I feel heart broken for them, and for the people who will eventually have to identify them, for the rest of their family and friends. But also note there were 2 other accidents on the M6 last night - people died in those too, and there were others on other roads. I cried a lot today.

Why is this still happening!
Why are laws not being changed!
How many more people have to die before something changes?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4983370.ece

2 comments:

hs said...

I can't answer your questions, but share your concern. When you have been affected personally by this issue it is more than an issue, it's about real people. I think that's the differnce; we are bombarded with statistics about horrible events until we lose sight of the people. Numbers don't get killed, people do. Maybe when government realises that change will come.

Madame Nom de Plume said...

My Mums husband works as a breakdown recovery driver, only last night he had to go into a car to retrieve a 14 year old girls handbag. She died in the car that was being driven by a 17 year old (he also died), the girl had been given a camera for Christmas and those were the last images they had of her.
Some days you think to yourself, life is rubbish, and then you think 'BLINK' she was 14. Fourteen!!! Always makes me realise, this is why we don't know the future......

Observations of life, the universe and random happenings