Life goes on, like it don't mean a thing.
Yesterdays gone, tomorrows not here yet,
Caught in the abyss of today in between.
The sky is blue and everyone's lovin' it,
The sun's out and everyone's using it.
I'm in here, like it doesn't exist,
Blinds closed, shut out, not 'avin any of it.
This ones even worse than the others,
But you're not here just like the others.
I'm all cried out, well at least for this minute,
Numbness has set in, the only reprieve.
Try and keep smiling, put on your mask,
Anythings possible it might just pass.
Who am I kidding, its here to stay,
Batten down the hatches and ride the wave.
I've tried to be positive on all the other ones,
Today its not happ'nin, I'm digging in my heels.
It's not a day to celebrate, cause you're not here,
So no raising a glass or havin' a beer.
All I can do is remember the ones when you were here,
Friends round, barbecues, Magno and beers.
Parties, cakes, sangria and sun,
Smiling and laughing and having fun.
Yes the weathers nice today, I know you would have worried,
It didn't even rain today, you would have been encouraged.
I wish you could be here, I miss you very much,
Birthdays are not the same, if the guest of honours not here.
So I can't bring myself to raise a glass, I'll let Matt say the cheers.....
4 comments:
Heidi... honest and lovely thoughts! What can I say? Nothing! I think I remember this photo.
I want to say so much but I can't here!
Take care. Love you.
Will be thinking of you on Sunday when Martin runs the London Marathon!
Always in our hearts and thoughts.((((Hugs)))) to you.
Love and big hugs.
A Wonderful poem.....
Dxx
Missing you both.
Post a Comment