We live in an ever changing world where less is meant to be more, but in reality more is actually less! We get more things to make us happy. We constantly wonder whether we are good enough, will people like us? Do I look fat in this? We can't go out without looking good - who dictates what looks good?!!Are we ever truly happy in our own skin?
We constantly compare ourselves to those around us and obviously we are not as good. We could never look as nice, we could never be that successful, we could never be that happy, we could never be ...........
Why do we put ourselves through it?
Over the last week as I have been resting and having a think about what and where next I have been struck by some of this. Still no idea what to do and increasingly feeling that maybe I won't make the grade, may be I won't be as good.
You get used to the old way and I am stepping into the unknown. Someone will have been there before, they will have done things their way, but what if you just don't compare, or meet expectations - what then? I have not been in this position for a very long time - its all new and it was different then.
Donald talked about a fear of doors last night - the fear of whether to knock, whether to wait, what will greet you on the other side. I feel a bit like that. But my problem is not doors it is the fear of not measuring up.
Is it worth the stress and hurt that we put ourselves through?
Alcohol Units 0, Cigarettes 0, Chocolate cake eaten lots, Calories 2129, Pounds gained 2.
4 comments:
Hey You.
I have just been through some new doors and I am still OK. I don't care if I don't measure up to other peoples expectations I am trying to do this for God not for what people think of me.
You are at a crossroads and it is up to you where you go. Don't worry about measuring up to others, do what you want to do. You are a bright girl and you are capable of doing anything you set your mind too. All you need to remember is that we all love you and we are here for you and we will back you whatever decisions you make.
PS Keep up the eating ;-)
You are brave and very loved, and that's what it's all about. Love always thinks the best and never gives up. We all are imperfect, but love covers that. God's love is so much better than ours and He is not into measuring.
Chocolate cake, or any kind of chocolate, is also very important!
Love, HS
Now who was that telling Teapot off about using the F-Word!!!!
I met someone once who was genuinely afraid of doors. They had a proper phobia. Apart from her front door - no doors at all in the house. You never went to the bathroom in that house I tell you.
Post a Comment